Constant gay rumors involving Trey Songz have sprouted wings and taken flight leaving female fans bewildered, and male groupies overjoyed. The story is quite interesting, but not shocking since it's no secret the music industry is permeated with down low, and those living alternative lifestyles (pun intended) A former Songbook artist wrote into Bossip to confirm Trey Songz did indeed have a sexual relationship with Howard University student Brandon Hines (seen pictuered below, left), and other men to make it in the music industry.

Flip the lid to read letter

Hey Bossip

I’m a singer/rapper and former member of “Songbook Ent.” Trey Songz imprint, managed by Troy Taylor (He wrote “Holla When You Need Me” and many other of trey’s records). I was a part of Songbook ent. in 2006, around the time Trey had begun recording “Trey Day”. I recorded a few records at Songbook studios, at Troy Taylors house in a small city in Texas, and observed Troy and his relationship with Trey and Brandon Hines. Before I was even a part of Songbook, Troy asked me alot of weird questions about my future over the phone and even asked me about my sexual preference. I told him I’m straight and he said I need to be sure of that because this industry can make you do things you “wouldn’t normally do”. He asked the same bizarre questions to my producer, which struck us both as weird, as this was just an example of the odd things he would ask of us. Troy says he saw Brandon Hines in the audience at a show singing the words to all trey’s songs and from there, Brandon would end up living with Troy. When I recorded at Songbook studios, Brandon lived in Troys house. They had a very bizarre relationship. He told me of Brandon and Trey going to the movies together and continued to make me feel uncomfortable with the way he spoke of the relationship between the 3 of them. His wife was NEVER home when I came over, but Brandon was always there, he even came downstairs in a towel the first time I was introduced to him. There are many up and coming artists Troy seemingly turns out, and he calls his little program “Troy Taylor University”, I had alot of odd vibes between those 3, when I saw the article on Bossip.com about Trey and Brandon, I figured I should stand up and let people know it’s not a rumor, it’s 100% true and the reason I’m no longer with Songbook…

People should know Trey ain’t the ladies man people think he is, and anybody who gets “offers” from either of them to work with Songbook, don’t expect to excel in your career, it’s some weird homo trap he’s trying to get you in.

1. Lynne G said on January 22nd, 2010:

I am sick of black people making false assumptions on one another. Now come on, every young black artist is not gay. Is this a trend to hurt one another's status in society???? Of course, folks would love to read negative gossip news. It is getting said folks. Live your life and be happy. Stop all this hate! All it does is bring the other person up higher and higher..so thank you devil for your lies!!!

• fromtheotherboard said on April 20th, 2010:

Ok, sure, April.

• Nonhle mweli said on September 12th, 2011:

Cummon, trey songz aint gay. Coz if he was, hw wuld u explain wt he does in invented sex and hs othr videoz wer thrz sexuality btwn hm and da gal? Da guy z straight. If he ws gay pple wuld knw by nw. Bt nbdy knws abt it n pple shuld stp makng stuff up

• bgbriseis said on November 1st, 2011:

not all gay people show their sexuality. a boy could be the gayest person in the world and show more sexuality towards a girl than a straight guy….get it right

2. jrockabiz said on January 23rd, 2010:

lol… hmmmm…Not surprised at all…!

• Johnnie Newkirk Jr. said on April 4th, 2010:

Let's give Trey Songz the benefit of the doubt. Unless we hear it from his mouth, then he is heterosexual. However, I don't give a damn what his sexual preference is, I like his music. He is a very talent you man. And that is all that matters.

• Margo Newkirk said on January 7th, 2011:

@ johnnie newkirk jr. hmu on my email margolynette07@yahoo.com

• shanice said on May 23rd, 2011:

man yall be lieing trey songz is not gay so nigga need to stop lieing

3. Jeff said on January 24th, 2010:

I'd do Trey in a heartbeat…Brandon azz is cute too…damn…

4. jumpman6637 said on January 24th, 2010:

If he is or not who the hell cares!?! Trey is my boy and I fucks wit him regardless…he is a talented man! Do yo thang boy…VA Stand up!

5. COCOXMUSIC said on January 27th, 2010:

I agree with jumpman…i feel it doesnt matter what his oreintation[sexual] is he makes good music for men and females for lovers couples of all kind 2 gay men can make love off of his music just as well as a man and female can…sure its not what God's intentions wer for man and man but its their life…i think this article have it true and fake standpoints and whoever is the editor should have maade corrections before posting that gave me more thoughts of it being fake…anything to bring a good artist down is only bring you down. I feel the ppl the bloggers etc. is doing this so Treys fans wont support/purchase his new album…-coco'x

6. princess said on January 31st, 2010:

trey songz your so fine and i love all your songz and i hoe u enjoy your music life and no matter what people say or what rumors they spread don't fall just keep standing o.k

7. Purple Royalty said on February 19th, 2010:

The bottom line is, Trey Songz is a Successful artist no matter what his sexual prefernce is. He makes GREAT music and I just hope that he can continue to do just that.

• Deyanna Reese said on November 14th, 2010:

i reall do agre that trey songz is not gay at all! people just try to put him out their so he can lose all his fanz and everything he worked hard for! i really wish that people will just grow up and stop being so damn childish! thanks!

8. tanzie33 said on March 2nd, 2010:

omg im cryin on the inside

9. Shana said on March 7th, 2010:

Personaly only a hater would come up wit summin lik this. Even if Trey is gay wat does tht hav to do wit anyone else? At the end of the day he still makes great music & he's still gonna be gettin money no matter wat anyone says. Cuz I kno I still love him the same. It a Rumor y must ppl be so intuned with other ppls lifes? If he ain't thinkin bout yu y worry about him?

• Jmanhood said on October 5th, 2010:

I agree wit you let him do his stuff and go on wit his life you spoke the truth and it was a good thing

10. Patricia said on March 7th, 2010:

i think that the rumor about trey songz is gay is not true cause how will they know if they never ask trey songz if he gay. i think the people that saying trey songz is gay is just hateing because he got more money then them

11. john smith said on March 11th, 2010:

Who really cares!! I know I don't. I don't care who Trey Songz is sleeping I just like the music he puts out. We as black people need to "STOP" throwing are self under the bus just to my a name for are selfs. It's not about who a person is sleeping with it's about the music they put out. Gay or not he is still one of the best young singer out there.

12. The Ladies Voice said on March 25th, 2010:

Well, I know that con-artist turned singer Chosen Wilkins has been circulating, obviously promoting his wak upcoming show, and telling about his wierd encounter with Trey's manager- Delonte Murphy and how he used to try and make Chosen come over late with an Atlanta based producer who also attend Hampton University and they would try to pressure him in sex to get on…. so i believe the person who is claimig this, because Brandon Hines do look sweet as a sugarplum in strawberry soda. I am a student at Howard and yes Brandon is a sissy. I think Chosen is too. Trey (maybe!!!) anythings possible.

• yazmar said on March 25th, 2010:

@The Ladies Voice- LMAO@Brandon Hines do look sweet as a sugarplum in strawberry soda…Sex is surely quite common in the music biz when offering a newbie who is trying to get on, a little sex for fame….Keith Sweat said it best, Something just ain't right!!

13. shay said on April 6th, 2010:

wtf dey needa change da headin sayin treysongz gay ……….. i mean i love him to death . but idc if he bi ik he aint going gay cause wat is all his songz about who b wit him n da videos not no boy. but ik i dnt believe it until he come to da world and say he is or if brandon hines say they had sumtin but otha din dat ppl jst need chill out. ik alot of ppl loves him to death to but if he is bi ima still love him its his life let him live it how he wonts to.

14. Tee Tee said on April 30th, 2010:

who ever keep on bring up diz dumb shit need 2 sit the fuck down.. Cuz everybody know it aint true.. Dey need 2 stop trying 2 bring other ppl down and worry about their own lives.. I mean like 4real diz shit is pointless and not worth talking about!!!!!!

15. beyoncesongs said on June 21st, 2010:

my tthing is, if trey is gay then why wouldnt he admitt it hes 19 and hes cute but all the rumors the music industry sorrounds people buy u cant really tell who is what.. for instince there use to be gay rumors about chris brown until he met rihanna if you check out xtube.com search picture galleries… youll find a picture that looks just like chris brown sucking d*** and giving head but the alleged picture is proclaim ably his i tried looking at it every other possible way to say this is not chris but in fact it is….maybe(rihanna was a cover up)its just me but until trey says hes gay bi-sex or anything or that nature then thats what il believe or….if there is provided evidence Quote :not he say she say. Only factual proof of a UN-photo shopped image of him kissing another man or have a sex tape or sexual in contour which if his lover provided proof of or an jealous ex everything else is baloney and stretched too far from the truth. Id say fuck em stop lying on this boy!!!!!! let him get his money

16. jimmaluv said on June 27th, 2010:

Trey songz is NOT gay i wish people wuld stop hatin because a fine black man is makin a livin and is doin wat he loves 2 do…. Sing so all u female fans lik me dont stop likin him cuz he not gay.. Keep suportin trey and dont stop likin dhat FINe man lol evn dou im goonna get him and ur not.

• seresa said on July 1st, 2010:

It not hard to understand why he is hated on gay no I don't think so he is one of only r}. B singers making good music I am 40 I love me some trey songz love good music that's what he making I am his biggest fan he is a good young man black people always love to hate be pround of him stop being jealous. ( the one and only ) ^Mrs.Jones. Yeaaaaaaaaaaa

17. hellp said on September 30th, 2010:

it could be true because if you check out Brandon Hines facebook you see pic with all three of them. idk it could be or couldn't be we will see the truth always come out, sooner or later

• Yazmar said on September 30th, 2010:

Absolutely (smilecandy) truth always surfaces!!

18. Sunshyne said on October 3rd, 2010:

This sounds alot like the rumors of the illuminati (secret hiphop society) having sex with rappers in order to help them advance their careers. Tupac accused a bunch of rappers including Jay-Z of being gay and even claimed Dr. Dre sucked someone's penis. Alot of artists are supposedly undercover homosexuals. Superhead aka Karin Stefans accused BiG Tigga of having an affair with model Tyson Beckford and everyone knows about the Lil Wayne and Birdman sex accusations. Just recently Bow Wow was accused of being a homosexual as well. What is up with all of these rappers being on the downlow, its sickening. Maybe Tpain meant something else when he said "RAPPERS TURNT SINGERS"…lol..

19. dedefosho said on October 19th, 2010:

Im tired of hearing that Trey is gay, he is not and for those that say he is, is just jealous of how sexy, and fine he is. get yo weight up and stop worrying about that man (my man at that.) And if its thats serious to you to definate that man appearance you should be ashame of yo self and if you wanna get with the man get in line cause women first and a cold day in hell if and when a man will ever get that.

20. MILLIA said on October 25th, 2010:

trey sogz is a very talented artist. If he is gay God will judge him. I DO want to say ppl should stop getting bent of shape about ppl speaking on the bible. It is the TRUTH and I dont care who wrote it. It it our duty as christians to spread the TRUTH, I didn’t say judge. That is God’s job. Im not going to comment about him being gay because it doesnt matter what i THINK, I don’t know him personally. The bibles says you will be judged how you judge others. I will say that it is careless to be on the DL because you do put other ppl at risk for disease. You should have an informed choice about whatever decisiion you make. Its not an excuse that you will be judged because if your stating this is who you are you should be proud of it. If your not proud of it you shouldnt be doing it. GOD IS LOVE, AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU WHETHER< GAY, BI…or whatever!!!

21. Paige said on October 28th, 2010:

I love trey songz so bitches back fuck off and trey songz fine ass hell and DAMnit stup making rumors bout that fine ass hell sexy boy I want to marry him and TREY SONGZ AINT GAY OK HOWEVA MAKING THIS DAMN SHIT OK LUV U BABY TREY!

22. Diamond said on November 2nd, 2010:

Mmmhh Likee neverr is Tremaine Aldon Neverson Born November 28thh 1984 GAY Like WTf Weree Do uu Guyss Get uur Information o4rmm Itss All RECKLESS!bULLSTUFF i Lovee uu Tremainee Aldon Neverson (Trey Songz!)

23. Sameul said on November 11th, 2010:

Look at these Trey worshipers trying to cover up for him. Yes Trey is gay. He uses women and "acts" like he really like them because women are stupid and naive, just like the hoes commenting this page. How much stories do you need to hear to believe he's gay. Of course HE WILL NOT ADMIT IT, because think of how many fans he would lose. He'd be a fool to admit it. You people are stupid to think that he would confess to being gay. You can't just do anything while you're not famous, and then think that no one will find out your dirt when you get famous. Trey Songz is not "talented". And he's not even attractive. You all will find out one day that he's gay gay gay. Good luck keeping yourselves in extreme denial. There are lots of down low suckas in the music game.

24. ninah said on November 27th, 2010:

ya trippen trey ant gay yall just wish u were him becuz he cans ing and rap and yall cant so stop hatein on him when has he ever be told he was gay so why yall start now so shut up and cute it out cuz its not wort it

25. john said on November 29th, 2010:

oh no he's gay! lol my freind knows his boyfriend and he has pictures…

• Kbabe! said on December 12th, 2010:

First of all let me get sumthin straight on here to all those hAters or gay ppl that want to sleep with Trey or don't like him Shut the fuck up you dumb duck lookin haterz especially u John shut that shit up u gay boy trey songs ain't gay and if I need to say it to anybody face let me know as a matter of fact all ppl that say he gay and want to spread rumors get a life and u stop being gay since u feel the need to tlk shit

26. Paticia said on December 19th, 2010:

What sad is yall not seeing the point He slanging dikk for record deals….

27. Mrs. Tremaine Aldon Neverson said on December 27th, 2010:

Trey Is 100% Straight!!! :)

28. TeAmo Nadii said on December 28th, 2010:

ok its like this people can say wat they want but ever one knows trey is NOT gay …..I LOVE YOU TREY

29. Jeffrey Wells said on December 29th, 2010:

I still Love you Trey man,we all go threw obstacles to get to our destinations.Take it for me slim.You have your sucess now so just make away to make things better for your future.Everyone on this planet Earth done something that they regret and know that none of us are perfect Trey.I still love you and your Music an I wish you and your family Peace,Joy,and Love on Planet Earth.Enjoy your ride baby.Jeffrey Wells will always love you,Live your life.

Jeff

30. gia said on February 11th, 2011:

trey is not gay smh clearly people need to get a life and stop worrying about his personal preference…….

31. Nakale said on February 21st, 2011:

Why are Americans so obsessed with someone's sexuality? There are bigger issues like the
    Gulf War and inner city crimes. The young man is talented, so let us embrace that.

32. ayoo lil roc said on February 21st, 2011:

outtalinne lol …!!!!!

33. Delamuzica said on February 22nd, 2011:

Trey Songz is NOT GAY. I happen to know people that know him from his childhood. Which say that Trey Songz is 100% straight. So, these are false allegations. Which are non-substantial.

34. michelle said on March 24th, 2011:

I think that trey songz is sexy as hell and he is a good singer and he got a sexy six pack and i would love to meet him in real life when he was in chiacgo i saw him he took off his shirt when he was sing can't be friends

35. CH0C0LATINADYME said on March 25th, 2011:

WOW!! I hope thats true shiiiiiiit!! They both sexy as fuck and I love bi guys!!! Doubt he is 100% gay however I'd watch him fuck anyday!! Holla at me and my boo!! We will take u down or u can take us down!!LMAO.. I am 100% serious…

36. delamuzica said on April 5th, 2011:

I DEFINITELY THINK TROY TAYLOR IS GAY AND THAT MAY BE THE CAUSE OF HIS MARRIAGE BEING OVER. IM SURE, THESE BOYS JUST HAD A DREAM ONCE, BUT TROY JUST USED HIS MUSICAL CONNECTION TO GET THEM TRAPPED INTO SOME HOMO SHIT. HE LIKES LIL BOYS, CUTE ONES IN SHAPE. SO THESE BOYS JUST WANTED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND FELT FOR IT. TREY SONGZ NO LONGER LIVES IN TROYS HOUSE, THAT NIGGA RAN OUT ONCE HE GOT HIS DEAL. BUT, I DEF THINK THAT PROBABLY SOMETHING WAS SACRIFICED TO BE WHERE THEY ARE NOW, THATS HOW SICK INDUSTRY PEOPLE ARE. TRUST ME, I HAVE BEEN OFFERED SHIT JUST TO WORK ON PROJECT MUSICALLY WHICH I HAVE DECLINED. BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT SUCCESS NO MATTER AT WHAT COST. IM SURE THEY ARENT GAY, THEY JUST GOT FUCKED UP BY THE BIG MAN, WHO LIKES LITTLE BOYS TROY TAYLOR, WHICH PROBABLY WAS THE PRICE THEY HAD TO PAY OR MAYBE TROY TAYLOR WAS HOPING THAT THEY WOULD RESPOND TO HIS HOMO NEEDS. IM SURE SOME SAID NO AND THOSE DIDN'T MAKE IT.

37. ELLE said on April 30th, 2011:

He saggin like a fag though. Anyway, black women are fucked up in the head these days. They love men who are suspect and are prettier than them.

38. Lover947 said on June 26th, 2011:

I dnt believe this u probably want him to b gay so men could have suck a dick stay off his bumper and kiss all his fans ass u bastard

39. Bigdiva said on July 1st, 2011:

When I first saw this dude…he aroused my GAYDAR! I'm not surprised…JUST BE YOURSELF! We still luv ya!

40. Del said on July 14th, 2011:

LMAO at this story. Damn, you got the straight 100 on these dudes but you aint got a name??? So, tell us the truth. You were kicked out why? And so you decide to "confirm" a rumor, and yet we cant do our own research and come to our own conclusions!! Why? ……honestly, this sounds like some spurned and jaded lover kind of B.S. Thank you anonymous for "enlightening" us on the situation…. Ma dude, Get a life and focus on your career.

41. ms.Angel D said on September 13th, 2011:

Please, just because the LADIES MAN is gettin all the ladies and you ain't or should I say you just jealous that all the ladies got treys attention and you wish you had his attention. All you hatin as ngz just move to da move to da side!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Meesh said on October 1st, 2011:

he's gay its alot of sugar in his tank dont know y yall dont see it

43. ricardo said on October 11th, 2011:

trey is a good friend of mine regardeless of what he do in his personal life thats his choice ya feel me and the dude on here just a broken down ass artist who didnt make it ya feel me. brandon is a good friend of mine let them niggaz do them period. many have things they do in life stop trying to make a life for yourself using others personal choices grind son thats what it takes trey/brandon you know what it is

44. Franck Nathan said on October 24th, 2011:

as for whether gay or not it doesn't matter but what matters is what you are in your heart and i think we love him cuz of music and i will continue loving him becuz of musc

45. TUMI said on October 31st, 2011:

WOW !!! WOW !!! WOW !!! WOW !!! WOW !!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON HERE !?!?!?!?!? I MEAN ME AND MA SISTER WORSHIP TREY SONGZ MUSIC … I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT LIERS SAY ABOUT HIM. TREY SONGZ WILL ALWAYS BE MA FAVOURATE ARTIST AND ME AND MA SISTER WILL KEEP ON DOWNLOADING HIS MUSIC NOW UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE !!!

46. destiny said on December 19th, 2011:

personally i feel that people need to get off trey songz d**k i dont give a damn if he is gay or not i still love him and his music i was up on his music before he started showing up er where and maken even more hits its a shame how er time a fine nigga cum out and steal all the ladies hearts niggs be thirsty to call the person gay i love him no matter what whether i know him or not and brandon hines will always be my feature husband lol all smiles and i love brandon hines song called 10 much love for the both of yall.

47. nononsense said on February 1st, 2012:

Pick up tba Brandon Hines Cd!I know Brandon Hines and he's not Gay fool.

48. its da truth said on February 14th, 2012:

gay gay gay

49. crystal said on April 23rd, 2012:

Hello everybody i wish ur stop talk about trey songz is gay i wish ur leave him alone think about ur self ur are mad because GOD gave him a talent and ur dont have have one it IS not good to talk about people that talabout JESUS but he still love us but some of us dont not carry about GOD some of ur are the devil of hell that are walking and GOD will put a stop to ur devil how walking in the world stop talk about Trey Songz i love him if it was beyonce or jayz or other sing ur will not talk about them and damn beyonce dance naked all the damn time how carry

• Angel Centeno said on April 25th, 2012:

-_- I don't understand your incoherent nonsense.

50. Ebonee said on July 15th, 2012:

People need to grow the fuck up…every body that is an R&B singer has been said to be gay sounds like whoever you are seems to me like you are jealous and just couldn't make it as an artist so you had to make up some shit about someone else that actually did make it get your life together and if people believe the Hype you are just as pathetic as whoever wrote that lame ass shit

51. Mtho said on August 11th, 2012:

D dude is lovely gay or nt,bt we dnt want to be fooled by hm…th's ntn wrng wt bng gay ryt?

52. Mel said on February 5th, 2013:

Trey Songz is not Gay. Even Chosen Wilkins said Trey Songz is not gay on the Noon Guys Show. He said that Trey Songz is dealing with rumors stemming from his previous manager who is gay. Believe me, Chosen would know because of course, you know. I thought Trey was gay on the low but now i'm not so sure. He says the same manager has placed false rumors on him that has started a lot of bad media on the Internet and in the industry about him. Whoever, the bad ex-manager is, get up off of Trey Songz case. He don't need you on his business anymore you faggot.

53. zinda said on February 6th, 2012:

So basically your confirming he's gay…interesting! Personally I don't care he's not my type but I saw him in person and he's very talented he sounded just like he does on his albums. So at the end of the day that's all that is really relevant he makes good music that I enjoy listening to. Everything else is between him and God. As long as his dick isn't going in me or anyone I have sex with. He can screw another hole in his butt for all I care!